Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Maintain, repair, and clean all guest rooms, meeting rooms, and/or public spaces in accordance with the property room preventative maintenance procedures and standard guidelines
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools, kitchen, Laundry and mechanical/electrical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed
- Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, solar systems, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, laundry & kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building
- Perform all surface preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean up of the painting or repair area
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items
- A formal qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Hands-on experience in all operational areas of departmental administration
- Prior experience in a hotel operation is a MUST
- A minimum of 2-5 years of technical background. 1-3 Years industry experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel
- Ability to manage professional relationship with colleagues from multinational origin
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and commitment to professional values
- Should possess an excellent command of English (written and oral) – Fluency in other languages will be a definite advantage
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!