- Hands-on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc).
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc).
- Willing to submit to background-drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
- Trucking school diploma.
- Valid Qatar driving license.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel toll receipts.
- Input macros into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.