As a Door Man, you will be responsible for delivering outstanding hospitality service in the premium outlets of Qatar Duty Free Company (QDFC) F&B, offering a ‘wow’ experience through interactions. You will act as an aid in offering the guest a 5 star luxury dining experience aligned to the brand image. As both first and last point of contact to guests, ensuring every guest leaves the outlet feeling special.
You will provide information, guidance & PR to customers, ensuring any customer queries are answered. You will also support the operations by offering additional assistance where required to the Senior Hostess/Assistant Restaurant Manager and/ or the Restaurant Manager within the restaurant.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Greets guests into the outlet with a warm and courteous attitude providing positive lasting impression.
- Maintain a warm presence upon guests exit from the outlet.
- Welcomes, greats and seats guests, offering the menus with a hospitable approach and smile.
- Always maintain positive body language.
- Treat all guests in a professional manner to ensure complete guest satisfaction; always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Regularly check reservation list to assist guests as first point of contact.
- To answer question concerning the menu/retail items of the outlet, ensuring all queries are answered timely and accurately.
- To have an up-to-date knowledge of the menu of the outlet along with all retail service and respond to guest queries accordingly.
- Demonstrating a friendly ‘service’ attitude.
- Interact with guests as they arrive by using their names and as they leave the restaurant to ensure a positive dining experience by offering consistent professional, friendly, warm and engaging service by building an exemplary rapport.
- Adhere to highest grooming and appearance standards at all times.
- Comply with the Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Flexible in working shifts in order to support operations where needed
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High school qualification with minimum 2 years of job-related experience; or
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent with minimum 1 year of job-related experience
Skills and Experience
- Experience in similar role at a high-end hotel, restaurant or luxury retail store
- Previous work experience in a Luxury stores with F&B background
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Genuine service/people-focused attitude
- Understanding of needs of multicultural working/operating environment
- Strong command of the English Language
- Arabic language skills are preferred but not essential