At the moment we are looking for a Director of Sales & Marketing in the Sales & Marketing to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Doha the City.
InterContinental Doha the City towering over the city centre, our luxury Doha hotel is one of the tallest in Qatar. You’ll find us in the exclusive West Bay area, close to the city’s Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre, government offices and corporate headquarters, with state-of-the-art meeting spaces. Our spacious rooms and suites have panoramic city and coastal views, while award-winning restaurants, easy access to local highlights like Souq Waqif, a health and fitness club, and a rooftop pool ensure a memorable stay.
For meetings and conferences, the hotel is well equipped for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with flexible and equipped function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 1500 guests.
As for Director of Sales & Marketing, you will be reporting directly to General Manager and below are some of the key responsibilities:
Your day to day
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIPs, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to upsell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with the appropriate departments on solutions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community; may serve as the hotel representative for media-related inquiries.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high-profile exposure for the hotel.
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use the information to gain new business opportunities.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager-on-duty
What we need from you
This is the top Sales and Marketing job in a large, full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests. May manage a large number of professional-level and administrative sales, catering, and/or convention employees.
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification/equivalent in Marketing or related field, and four or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team. Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required. Must speak the local language(s). Other languages preferred.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, trade shows, conventions, etc.
- May require a valid Driver’s license
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return, we’ll give you a competitive benefits package including accommodation, hotel discounts worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.