About the job
Our team is our greatest asset and the key to our success. We demonstrate our beliefs in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others, as we would have them deal with us. Our team is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion.
Who We Look For
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
The Four Seasons Doha Serviced Apartments is looking for an experienced Director of Purchasing to join our talented pre-opening team! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to be part of the world’s leading luxury hotel company! This individual takes ownership over their role and operation and can quickly connect to those around them. Confidence, adaptability, and the assurance of a quality experience make a successful candidate for this role.
The Director of Purchasing manages and coordinates the operations of the purchasing department ensuring all departments have adequate supplies.
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with all departments and Home Office to promote effective purchasing.
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Keep appropriate close contacts with business partners and constantly up to date with latest product and market information.
- Supervise, train and motivate Purchasing Department employees to thoroughly understand all of their duties and responsibilities.
- Take appropriate personnel-related action (i.e. hire, commend, discipline, evaluate, etc.) with Purchasing staff as required.
- Hold monthly department meetings with staff.
- Ensure all local and corporate policies, rules, internal controls and procedures and safeguards as they relate to the Purchasing Department are complied with.
- Ensure proper authorization has been obtained for all hotel-specific purchasing contracts and conduct, manage and complete competitive bids in accordance with policy and ensure bids are on file where applicable prior to execution of contracts.
- Ensure Management Agreement and all other Purchasing Agreement terms and conditions are fulfilled.
- Monitor the status of slow-moving stocks and ensure a Slow-Moving Stocks Report is circulated monthly to the Director of Finance and the respective Division Heads concerned.
- Ensure that all purchase order requests are properly documented and accounted for, completed and approved before a purchase order is prepared and the items are purchased.
- Supervise the day-to-day functions of the Receiving Clerk and ensure that all items received by the hotel are properly documented in accordance with Four Seasons Purchasing and Receiving Procedures.
- Assist Accounts Payable Clerk in researching any discrepancies on invoices.
- Ensure that all storage areas are secure, clean and properly organized.
- Establish and maintain par stocks on all inventoried items, keeping in mind that inventory levels must be kept as low as possible without compromising the efficiency of the hotel.
- Complete the corporate annual operating equipment and supply requirements with the corporate Purchasing Department and the appropriate hotel department heads, including quarterly review and update of annual forecasts.
- Coordinate purchases related to capital projects with the corporate Purchasing Department as well as outside contractors.
- Conduct frequent quality control audits to ensure staff is properly trained and following established procedures.
- Familiar with hygiene standards and perform hygiene audits as required.
- Monitor daily costs and prepare or review a daily and month-to-date Food & Beverage Cost Report.
- As required, attend Food & Beverage Meeting to review prior month’s Food & Beverage Cost Report to highlight actions.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Constantly keep abreast of new products, services and processes and consult with hotel management on feasibility of implementation.
- Ensure that the department works closely with the Chef and the Food & Beverage Director to purchase the highest quality products while constantly searching for the most competitive price.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing forecasts and budgets as required locally, by corporate office or Management Agreement.
- Coordinate and participate as necessary in all month-end, quarterly or annual inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies.
- Participate in the annual circulating Operating Equipment inventory and assist in review and reconciling of discrepancies.
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- 4-6 years of experience in related field
- Excellent command of English, Arabic is an advantage
- Service Passion for Luxury Hospitality and have an eye to detail.
- Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Unique strong culture – diversity of 50 different nationalities
- Management – Living accommodation in a high-quality, well-resourced apartment
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Complimentary nights at FS Hotels Worldwide
- Paid annual home leave tickets
- Complimentary meals in employee restaurants
- Free transportation to work
- Medical coverage