About the job
A Conference and Banquet Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Conference and Banqueting operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring department targets are met.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As a Conference and Banquet Director, you are responsible for overseeing all aspects of Conference and Banqueting operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Conference and Banquet Director will also be required to set budgets and provide leadership to the team to ensure targets are met.
- Oversee and manage all Conference and Banqueting operations
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Aware of trends and propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banquet
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Set achievable budgets and other short- and long-term functional goals
- Provide effective leadership to the Conference and Banquet teams to ensure targets are met and exceeded both for the hotel and individual development
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Conference and Banquet Operations Coordinator serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Strong knowledge of hotel/leisure/service sector
- Record of success in Conference and Beverage, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build customer loyalty
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills to create a winning team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Conference and Banquet Operations experience in a managerial position in a hotel/Events Centre or similar
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service