About the job
To lead the development, collaboration, and coordination of Qatar Foundation’s (QF) academic and research programs and provisions across all QF Higher Education Institutions.
Key Result Areas
- Develop, implement, and monitor the academic component of the Higher Education strategy
- Coordinate reviews of academic programs with QF Higher Education Institutions.
- Build greater academic collaboration and integration between QF’s Higher Education Institutions.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of joint academic programs & initiatives between QF Higher Education Institutions, removing obstacles & barriers and ensuring adequate financial support from QF as needed
- Evaluate proposals for new academic program offerings and provide briefs and recommendations to management
- Identify, recommend and initiate joint academic programs between QF Higher Education Institutions based on working relationships with faculty & staff and broader knowledge and overview of all academic programs across the Higher Education Institutions to increase opportunities for cross-collaboration
- Identify in coordination with QF Higher Education Institutions how the new joint programs will be offered and incorporated into university curriculums; support Higher Education Institutions with all aspects of program implementation
- Strengthen connections and joint programs with Pre-University Education.
- Coordinate the continuing/executive education programming across QF’s Higher Education Institutions to maximize program impact
- Oversee RDI activities within Higher Education and identify opportunities for multidisciplinary academic initiatives
- Work closely with academic leadership at all QF’s Higher Education Institutions to ensure they receive appropriate academic support and to coordinate academic offerings
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to higher education with 8-10 years of full-time work experience 5 of which at a senior supervisory level, preferably with exposure to higher education global trends and emerging opportunities; a doctorate degree is an advantage
- Exceptional understanding of academic programming and administration
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Exceptional skills in stakeholder engagement and coordination
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications