As a Design Studio Specialist, you will need to hold an interior designer certificate. You will deliver exceptional levels of Customer Service to guests across all categories of product; from initial contact, through design consultation and estimate creation, to sales closure. You will lead the Store “Ground Game” by executing high-quality design consultations in the guests home/place of business. Additionally, you will take responsibility for mentoring Associates on how to build and maintain client relationships, as well as how to engage in active selling, Clienteling and creating design plans.
Other responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Driving add-on sales of accessory products
- Actively collaborating with Management and Associate colleagues in Store, Head Office and other HFD Brands to optimise selling opportunities
- Presenting compelling and professional decorating plans, communicating what is relevant and meaningful to the customer utilising Mood Boards/ Space Plans/ and in-store collateral
- Identifying, developing and driving business sales opportunities and overall business
- Establishing and developing selling opportunities that arise from the “Designer” and “New Movers” programmes
- “Saving the Sale” where quality or availability issues arise
- Building Guest database and fostering Guest relationships while identifying key individuals, groups and organisations that present commercial opportunities
- Delivering excellent service during VIP and In-Store promotional events
- Maintaining accurate records of sales/returns log and ensuring approval to LOA is logged on a weekly basis
- Attending product knowledge/selling skills development activities, and taking proactive ownership of PDP to maintain a high level of selling skills.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- You will have/be:
- At least 2 years’ retail visual merchandising experience
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Experience in providing a product presentation and consultation at the customers home
- CAD experience would be advantageous but not a necessity.