This post is open to female candidates only
This is a unique opportunity for an outstanding individual with the drive, passion and commitment to an all-girls’ education to be the founding Deputy Headteacher (Head of Key Stage 3) of Sherborne Qatar School for Girls.
Sherborne Qatar School for Girls, a STEM School, opened in January 2021 on a brand-new site near Doha Festival City, Doha, Qatar. The Senior section of the School (Years 7 to 10) opened in August 2021 and due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and innovative leader to join our leadership team from January 2022. Under the leadership of the school’s Founding Headmistress, Mrs Jane Goldsack, Sherborne Qatar School for Girls provides a premium British all-girls’ education for pupils aged 3 to 15 (rising to Sixth Form in due course). The successful applicant will teach a 50% timetable in her area of expertise. In subsequent years, as the school grows, this teaching load will be considerably reduced. Please see the detailed job description for more information.
Successful applicants must have:
- A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent (PGCE/PGDE must be accompanied by a subject relevant Bachelor’s Degree)
- Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of the British curriculum.
- A desire to help build a thriving department in a new girls’ school.
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
- A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school.
As a teacher at Sherborne Qatar School for Girls you will:
- Promote our mission and values.
- Have the ability to generate excitement about learning.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Be emotionally intelligent.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach bright, well – motivated, hardworking pupils.
- The opportunity to be part of a supportive, forward thinking, all female staff team.
- An excellent working environment.
- The opportunity to get involved in Extra Curricular Activities and the school’s Enrichment Programme.
- An attractive tax-free salary, accommodation and additional benefits.
- A good work/life balance.
- CPD opportunities.
- Strong links to Sherborne Dorset, one of the oldest and most distinguished independent schools.