The Department Manager plays a key role in maximizing the sales and profitability of the department.
Work closely with Boutique Manager to enhance the commercial performance and maintain excellent relations with clients and ensure the implementation of action plans in accordance with the strategic direction of the maison.
- Review stock level with stock control and implement actions accordingly
- Follow up with the area managers to ensure optimization of the stock level usage
- Participate in setting up the purchase plan
- Ensure all team members are following the established procedures of ordering/ transfer
- Assist the Division Manager in defining the yearly strategic plan for the network and preparing the yearly budgets
- Participate with the Division manager in strategic meetings with suppliers, regional teams…to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity…)
- Negotiate targets, locations and brand support with key suppliers.
- Follow up on daily sales vs monthly/yearly target and take action when necessary
- Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities and provides suggested action plans
- Provide The Division manager with quantitative and qualitative reports using data from market studies.
- Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, logistics, marketing and Merchandizing regards of opening, closing or renovation
- Maintain smooth relationship with the suppliers and business partners to implement partnership negotiated by the Division Manager.
- Attend Managers’ meetings to review the shops performance and provide regular feedback to Division manager
- Ensure the best level of customer service , recommend action plans, coordinate implementation and monitor follow up
- Can be involved in the recruitment process of Shop Staff and Sales Executives within his/her domain
- Manage, engage and guide the team
- Conduct the appraisal and assessment of team members
- Set the objectives and budgets for own team members and ensure their accomplishment
- Responsible for coaching and training own team members, and formalize and follow up on each team member’s Individual Development Plan, in coordination with the employee and HR
- 5+ years of retail experience in Fine jewellery and watches required, preferably with at least 2 years of management.
- Sense of initiative and commercial creativity with fashion sensitivity
- Strong knowledge of the luxury industry
- Demonstration of own initiative
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and management skills.