International School of London
Scope: MYP Humanities and DP Business Studies
(Grades 6-10, age 11-16 and G11-12, age 17-18)
Reporting to: Head of Humanities, MYP and DP Coordinators, Head of Secondary
In order to fill this role effectively, the successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies and experience. An IB MYP and DP Humanities teacher should be an adaptable and inspiring educator, with the ability to deliver a coherent, integrated, broad, inquiry-based programme. He/She should be an outstanding teacher, learner, motivator and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of preparing students for international programmes in a stimulating, challenging and well-organised learning environment. He/She should be able to provide professional expertise, high-quality teaching and learning, make effective use of resources and ensure improved standards of learning and achievement for all students.
Qualifications and experience
The school prefers people with:
- Qualified teacher status appropriates to the teaching duties to be undertaken.
- Experience of, and recent training in, IB MYP Humanities plus DP Business Studies and/or Economics.
Knowledge and Skills
- be aligned with the ISL values of diversity, passion, identity and understanding
- possess excellent communication skills and be willing to adapt to the demands of an international school, in particular he/she should be able to communicate effectively in English
- have a high level of understanding of current research as to how children learn and possess the ability to motivate students to perform at their best
- through differentiated instruction, and by using a variety of styles, be able to inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
- be able to support student needs in learning and pastoral matters
- be aware of the principles of Understanding by Design and Assessment for Learning
- be adept and accomplished at teaching IB MYP Humanities and DP Business Studies and/or Economics to students age 11-18 years
- have a high level of awareness of current developments in MYP Humanities and DP Business Studies and/or Economics
- be able to participate fully in an expanding IB school and, in particular, help to develop the team spirit within IB Humanities
- have the ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: islqatar.zohorecruit.com.