About the job
Business Function Overview
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician (DIAT).
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DIAT, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development of all employees and offers trainings and opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
#COICareers #Buildthecloud #Changetheworld #WeSeeYou #RepresentationMatters
As a successful Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician, your success is measured by:
- Learn, Live, and Coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- Empower a culture of safety and security in global datacenter operations by complying with CO+I’s safety programs and policies and completing compliance knowledge assessments.
- Develop positive working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
As a successful Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician, your day-to-day work will include:
- Maintain accurate documentation of incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Perform regular audits of datacenter equipment to ensure inventory controls are met.
- Movement of equipment using pallet jacks or other assisted lifting equipment.
- Work within a ticket-based environment.
- Perform destruction of data bearing devices (ex. Hard drives, solid state drives, etc.).
- Perform material movement, including shipping/receiving and inventory management.
Microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below-Required Qualifications.
For this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the following
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) Year of experience supporting Inventory Control, Logistics, or Warehouse Management
While not required, we also look for the following Preferred Qualifications:
- Desire to learn, grow, and develop new technical skills
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights with or without equipment assistance.
- Able to communicate effectively multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in written and oral English communication to support regional and global teams.
- Flexibility to work non-standard business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays,
Background Check Requirements
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.