Provides a comprehensive Flight crew welfare support service to Flight Crew in an effective and timely manner, so as to ensure they are provided with an optimal level of support. Forges a professional yet amicable relationship in order to reduce the stress level of newly hired pilots and allow them to focus on completing their training successfully.
- Organize tours for Flight Crew candidates upon their arrival to Doha in order to showcase prospective candidate’s life in Doha, if/ when required.
- Liaise with Al Maha Services to facilitate the Immigration process at Hamad International Airport.
- Conduct regular “skype” and/or conference calls to answer questions from the new flight deck crew.
- Organize the checklists in regards to transport, taxi services, rent a car, laundry services, hotel/ restaurants, shopping malls, location of QR buildings, color maps indicating main roads/ highways and schools to ensure flight crew is familiarized with the basic requirements to settle down. Liaise with Facilities in regards to the assigned accommodation ensuring the process is followed.
- Prepare and deliver “Welcome and starters kits” to new joiners.
- Liaise with HR and/ or other departments with regards to medical process & fingerprinting for smooth residence permit processing.
- Assist newly hired pilots in opening their bank accounts and provide them their Allianz medical insurance cards ensuring their induction in the company is at the five-star level.
- Provide newly hired pilots with their training details/ schedules to ensure they are provided with clear and concise information for future activities related to their duties.
- Provide appropriate advice, guidance and counseling to flight crew ensuring their concerns are addressed from a psychological perspective e.g. crew is homesick or has any issue outside of work.
- Liaise with relevant departments to manage crew complaints and welfare needs in an effective and efficient manner.
- Coordinate all welfare investigations/actions with relevant stakeholders confirming the details are recorded and maintained for future reference.
- Provide assistance to Flight Crew members by accompanying them to the police station/ public prosecution department in the event of an official or personal legal matter.
- Communicate and follow up on the wellbeing of Flight Crew members in cases of long term sickness and hospitalization until the crew resumes duty.
- Liaise with relevant departments to provide assistance in making arrangements for the replacement of lost documents in cases where applicable.
- Must remain up-to-date with all applicable rules and regulations in relation to Flight Crew issues involving HR and labor law which will enable in providing effective and efficient service.
- Maintain and update the welfare manual (flight deck crew) for easy reference of the flight crew.
- Provide practical & effective recommendations to Welfare Management & FD Crew in line with department & HR policies.
- Update fleet Management and HR on any welfare matters concerning flight deck crew.
- Managing crew queries on a daily basis and providing practical solutions to any problems that the crew may encounter.
- Process roster changes, swaps & shifts as requested by Crew ensuring negligible operational impact.
- Follow requests by investigating and reporting to crew/management.
- Liaise with Security and facilities for an inventory and crew residence check-in instances of Jump ship.
- Assist crew in administration processing of their compassionate requirements by liaising with all concerned departments.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level preferred
- Degree in Human Resources, Sociology or Psychology
- Specialist – a minimum of 5 years of job-related experience required
- Experience in hospitality, social services field would be an added advantage
Job Specific Skills:
- Excellent written, oral English communication
- Valid Qatari driver’s License
- Ability to coordinate/ communicate/ interact well with other departments
- Must be able to demonstrate empathy with a multinational team of Flight Crew