About the role
Ground Services Management is currently recruiting for Ground Services Integrated Operations Centre (IOC) Manager.
In this role, you take accountability and ownership for the Integrated Operations Centre (IOC) and for the decisions made within the IOC, having the responsibility for the performance and output. You represent the Ground Services division within the IOC infrastructure and co-ordinates with the relevant teams for critical operational decisions. You ensures Ground Services feedback, and impact is considered along with other operational factors in the entire decision making process to mitigate disruptions and normalize airline operations.
Specific accountabilities of the role include:
- Provides recommendation to Line Manager on the design and implementation of reports and decision-making tool i.e. MIS.
- Contributes and influences the schedule design process by reporting operational impediments to the monthly planning forums.
- Reduces human factor performance variability by standardizing behaviors and thereby increasing overall system predictability/productivity.
- Formulates and measures the GS IOC performance weekly and on monthly basis.
- Recommends updating the IOC GS Manuals as and when new process is approved and implemented.
- Releases and distributes commercial policy in close co-ordination with Inventory and other commercial teams.
- Provides necessary support concerning Mass and Major disruption and generates reports that will help short and long-term decision-making.
- Prepares and publishes the Commercial Policy templates based on operational and commercial requirements. Manages and coordinates delivery of the commercial schedule (including Cargo operations) against agreed safety, operational, compliance, resource, cost and revenue plans and targets.
- Monitors IOC and network operational performance to ensure that cost effective and consistent disruption recovery responses are initiated/implemented.
- Maintains a satisfactory balance of On Time Performance (OTP), interdependency and customer service in line with the company’s business goals.
- Liaises the IOC cross-functional and network teams through the design, development and implementation of integrated cross functional and network delivery processes that support and enable the IOC and the operational network to consistently meet its integrated network delivery operational plans and performance goals.
- Evaluates and initiates emergency response action in accordance with company policy.
- Monitors operational trends and issues that have direct commercial impact and take corrective measures to minimize them.
- Performs other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Proven performer in an airline Integrated Operational Centre.
- Experience in overall aircraft handling or airport operation.
- Experience and knowledge of other airline operational systems.
- Preferred: Minimum 07-10 years of experience in an airline/airport/ground operations control centre at Senior Officer or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of commercial drivers within an Airline operation.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- High-level computer literacy (MS word, excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Good understanding of various government/ lATA regulations on passenger’s rights and compensation.
- Strong understanding of disruption management and service recovery in the airline business.
- Experience using AIMS, Altea Inventory, Amadeus Reservation systems and departure Control Systems.
- Strong Analytical & Quantitative skills required.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Should be able to work and perform under pressure and be able to multitask. High degree of self-motivation and personal enthusiasm.