We are looking for an experienced technical leader to drive the Azure Data & AI and App Innovation technical strategy for the Customer Success organization in Microsoft Middle East Cluster (Qatar, Kuwait, Egypt, Oman & Bahrain). As the technical leader you will be responsible for developing and executing on the technical strategy in one or more of the areas such as SQL Data Modernization, Cloud Scale Analytics, Data Governance, AI, and App modernization & Innovation. In this job you will closely interact with customers, Product groups, field roles such as Cloud Solution Architects, Customer Engineers, Customer Success Account Managers. This is a highly dynamic and high pace position requiring technical depth and good understanding of the cloud business. CSA Manager will lead a team of deeply technical Customer Engineers (CEs) located in Qatar, Egypt & Kuwait, focused on Azure Data and AI and App Innovation, to drive growth of Azure Services for a set of Enterprise accounts across different industries.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model – Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach – Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care – Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
Understanding Customer Technical Environment
- Provides support for the team in gathering, evaluating, and leveraging industry trends (customer industry verticals, information technology [IT] industry) and customer/partner technical insights. Holds teams accountable for mapping architecture and digital transformation solutions to customer/partner business goals. Leverages prior work, customer/partner insights, industry trends, and shares insights with the team to apply.
- Supports the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner through escalation, acceleration, and an additional emphasis of feedback, gaps, blockers, insights, resources, etc.. looks across multiple customers/partners for opportunities to consolidate and prioritize items across the business.
Architecture Design and Deployment
- Holds teams accountable for leveraging existing architecture approaches to achieve Microsoft’s agreed commitments to the customer/partner and develops new solutions to scale across multiple customers/partners.
- Ensures architects are equipped with the capabilities and means to deliver architectural demonstrations while taking into account complex technical requirements and issues (e.g., involving great length or tenacity to resolve) and various technical strategies being proposed. provides coaching to allow architects to scale solutions.
- Applies technical, industry, and enterprise knowledge across multiple, large architecture projects to meet strategic and tactical business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical and organizational constraints. guides team to shape and enhance customers’ requirements.
- Leads customer/partner projects that implement technical architecture(s) to enable a breadth of highly advanced and complex solutions. Provides thought leadership for related business strategy development and guides architect team in supporting/driving the customer/partner throughout pre-sales and/or implementation.
- Creates a culture and clarity around technical insights and escalations, anticipates and removes blockers related to the customer/partner business and/or internal politics to remove technical blockers through regular technical reviews and check ins, and ensures architecture implementations move forward. Identifies patterns in blockers across business areas or a territory. Ensures that non-technical issues are routed and removed by the appropriate party.
- Sets expectations for the team around methodology and governance, and ensures that team identifies, communicates, and minimizes business and technical risks (e.g. Well-Architected Framework, Enterprise Scale Landing Zone, Cloud Adoption Framework). Defines customer/partner conditions of success, adheres to quality assurance, and calculates risks whilst designing and/or delivering solutions.
- Connects gaps and patterns across business and technology areas, and drives changes and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and/or processes that enable solutions to scale across customers. drives sales and consumption, as well as IP re-use and best practice sharing. Develops and contributes to the company stock of structured frameworks and methodologies.
- Develops and expands existing impactful relationships with customer and partner/MCS architects, C-level technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders (to the extent that the customer/partner will call for consultation without being prompted). Provides direction to TDMs and builds the bridge between TDMs and business decision makers (BDMs).
- Coaches the team to create and sustains constructive tension and trust with customers/partners by respectfully challenging their decisions and/or areas where they might do more, explaining cost impacts, project context, business value, etc., and encouraging them to consider alternative architectures and approaches.
- Provides their team with a holistic perspective of customer/partner challenges, industry trends, and competitor architectures to allow team members to engage with customers/partners, demonstrate Microsoft’s value, and develop counter-strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies.OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 6+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies.
OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure).
6+ years technical sales experience.
6+ years project management experience.
1+ years people management experience, including managing consultant practice managers, technical sales managers, and/or technical architect managers.