Responsible to prepare all required cost estimates for Industrial Cities Directorate, including
- Construction/Installation Projects
- Maintenance Refurbishment Projects
- Operation and Maintenance Services that would be outsourced.
Participates in engineering studies to be carried out to aid management in determining the price of service to be outsourced.
May specialize according to a particular service performed.
Responsible for all activities connected with the preparation of Budgetary and Corporation Estimates including participating
in the Commercial Evaluation for all Tenders, Direct Orders and Variations for Industrial Cities Directorate based upon the
scope of works, bill of quantities and other pricing documents provided by Sr. Contract Engineers.
Experience & Skills
- Must have at least 12-15 years of Quantity Surveying and Cost Management experience. Experience in works and services Contracts in Oil and Gas Environment is an added value
- At least 5 years of working experience in large organizations.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Strong motivation, negotiation, presentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Well versed in Procurement and tendering, Commercial management of Construction, Design economics and cost planning, Contract Practice, Quantification and Costing of Construction works, Construction technology and environmental services, Contract administration, Insurance, Risk management, Sustainability developments, conducting value management and engineering exercises.
- Should have exposure to SAP Outsourcing Module and computer experience in MS Office applications and strong general computer skills specifically in creating databases. .
- Good negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- A high degree of literacy in the English language (written and spoken)
- Team working skills
B.S.C. in Quantity Surveying or Engineering from an internationally recognized university.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.qp.qa.