About the job
Responsible for leading company change order cost estimation, negotiation & reporting throughout the Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) phase of the project. Ensures that the Project’s cost estimates are fully up to date and in line with the project schedule. Coordinates potential changes aspects of Project controls with other disciplines in the PMT, as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that proper and effective cost estimation and controls measures are executed by the EPC contractor with particular emphasis on instituting pre-emptive corrective actions.
- Provides cost, and timely change management expertise to Project Team. Maintains strict compliance with Project Management of Change process and ensures maintenance of overall cost and schedule within the project controls team.
- Coordinates the collection, consolidation, analysis and reporting of all Project cost controls, progress measurement and control trends to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas are rectified.
- Plans on potential project changes to evaluate any schedule and/or cost impact; responsible for incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes on overall cost, schedule, and planning cycle.
- Monitors and appraises the performance of the EPC Contractor in the areas of cost control, progress measurement and schedule control.
- Develops multiple Cost / Schedule driven Contracting Scenarios for feeding into effective Contracting Strategy workshops.
- Coordinates planning and execution of project cost and schedule analysis, forecasting, and change management.
- Reports and communicates on development of Class III cost and schedule estimates and bid check estimates.
- Reports Bid Evaluation Plans, Procedures and Models, including Hypothetical Change Order basket for evaluating Technical Bid and Price Bids.
- Change Order management throughout the EPC contract duration, reviewing contractor estimates and ensuring compliance with the contract, developing company estimates, maintaining an auditable document trail, negotiating on behalf of company.
- Hands-on engineering knowledge in one of the core disciplines of engineering (Process / Mechanical / Piping etc.) coupled with professional qualifications in Project Cost Estimation and Controls
- Project cost estimation and controls principles, theories, concepts and tools
- Local practices, processes and expectations with respect to project cost estimation and controls
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with relevant experience
- Knowledge and/or Experience
- 08 years of experience in the area of cost estimating, scheduling and project controls
- Minimum of 06 years of experience associated with engineering, procurement and construction of offshore facilities
- Hands-on experience in reporting on Contractors’ Estimate validation and guide contractor to develop high-level modularized cost reports
- Demonstrated experience in Brownfield Projects specific vulnerabilities associated with Cost and Schedule drivers.