About the job
One of the most Reputable Holding groups in Qatar looking to hire the local candidates with NOC only as below:
- Timely release of payment after preventing financial errors such as overpayment and less payment.
- Ensure proper quantity with sufficient wastage of materials ordered/delivered on time to prevent shortage / excess delivery.
- Utilization of available resources within in the main store by preventing new orders
- Recommend for Payment as per agreed contract agreement with sufficient safe margin (retention).
- Generation of data and backups for Variation Order
- Work in conjunction with all department/project cost controllers to ensure maximum profitability.
- Provide critical assessment of all budget and cost projections.
- Assess all incoming products, resources, and services to ensure the best price.
- Develop Generic Projects Cost Structure and Cost Account Codes Directory under Standard Work Breakdown Structures for various generic project types.
- Prepare a project cost estimate of resources and other expenses through discussions with functional leaders in a timely manner using a generic cost structure, which is suitable for cost tracking in the project life cycle.
- Prepare ‘Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled’ (or Spent Profile), discuss and agree with the functional leaders.
- Record/extract Committed/Spent Cost to-date for Direct Costs for Develop Detail BoQ in order to verify and control quantities during execution.
- Liaise with Accounts Department to periodically to compare to the cost allocation by cost control system/procedures.
- Generation of data and site visit (if required) to avoid delay, excess payment, consumption and wastage of material.
- Participate in joint measurement at the site in coordination with Site QS
- Receive invoices and compare with BoQ & work out with quantity accordingly.
- Ensure payment rate made as per agreement or approved rate from ACM.
- Revise project cost estimate at the end of every reporting period to generate ‘Forecast At Completion.
- Perform cost analysis and advise project leaders on cost over-runs in a timely manner so corrective actions can be taken.
- Assist to prepare the project budget of each project to monitor in future
- Receive petty cash bills, check arithmetic error and ensure that it was used on approved cost items
- Maintain log sheet of concrete and regular review to prevent excess pouring on site. If found inform to Sr. QS (CC)
- Review Internal Supply Requests “ ISR” to ensure that proper quantities were requested and immediately forward to the timely release of LPO
- Review & check the bi-weekly material status and compare with ISR received to avoid excess materials at the site as well shortage of materials
- Assist in checking subcontract agreements and comparing with budget and scope of work.
- Coordinate with Sr. QS (CC) & Site QS to produce variation order data & qty.
- Prepare requirement list to be procured upon award of project based on job analysis information such as materials, timber, block, concrete, etc.
- Receive and review Bar Bending Schedule from the site and release steel as per requirement.
- Review Internal Supply requests with sufficient backup of calculation sheet and required documents such as specifications and sizes based on requirement list.
- Execute works in accordance with the approved procedures and forms ISO 9001.
- Maintain an effective filing system in order to access documents on time such as agreements, log sheets, correspondence, calculations, budgets,s etc.
- Maintain communication with Sr. QS to upgrade skills and development of professional skills in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Work hour starts with normal duty hours or as per the latest instruction from ACM.
- Performs any other similar duties assigned by the Sr. QS.CC
Expected Deliverables / Accountable:
- Early release of bills after proper and thorough checking of qty, rate in order to release payment on time.
- Prevent over delivery/ short delivery of materials as per BOQ.
- Timely communication, follow up and & inquiries for any variation orders
- Control of material to avoid wastage quantity for the project material requirement & compare with tender & contract drawing