As a Corporate Communications Manager, you will be responsible to manage corporate communications activities and media relations on behalf of the company while leading a team of senior media relations officers and support all staff from the head office in Doha.
- Develop a strategic communications plan for each area of responsibility to ensure maximum visibility for the relevant region, internal department, business unit, and stakeholder.
- Set strong KPIs to measure success and outcomes for activities.
- Drafting press releases, statements, emergency responses, social media posts, C-Suite and senior staff presentations, and speeches as directed to promote, protect and enhance Qatar Airways’ global brand presence.
- Handle all traditional media and social media inquiries in a sensitive, timely and appropriate manner to promote and protect the reputation of Qatar Airways across all media channels, including securing internal validation by all key/appropriate stakeholders.
Collate, review and distribute relevant media and corporate information on the latest news about the airline, the industry, and the competition to all key internal stakeholder departments, and provide detailed reports on the performance of QR media outreach and press activities and stories.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum of relevant College or University Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of job-related experience
- Multi-national experience working in diverse markets.
- Journalism, Marketing, or Communications experience.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Confidence in dealing with media queries in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to understand the airline business.