About the job
We are looking for a Construction Surveyor to join our client in Qatar
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and timely delivery of construction and survey activities in accordance with the company specifications, procedures, processes, systems, budgets, confidentially and applicable Qatari Laws.
- Responsible for the technical assurance of all final topographic/hydrographic products (reports /associated deliverables) plus the efficient retrieval thereof.
- Accountable to the Geomatics Lead for the successful delivery of all related activities.
- Provide Geomatics technical and logistical assurance for MP, D&W and E&C in support of field development activities, rig moves and general positioning services in alignment with the IF culture and Company Core Values.
- Acts as the liaison between client Stakeholders and the Survey & Positioning Contractors.
- Deliver Geomatics projects per year, value xxxxK$+ per annum
- Ensure & promote the application of the clients HSE and Safety Engineering rules and specifications.
- Promote safety culture within the Geomatics department and ensure all Contractors and consultants comply at all times with safety rules and regulations
- Pursue within the Geomatics department the HSE objectives defined by the line management.
- Develop staff safety awareness by encouraging the reporting of anomalies and plus attendance at the clients HSE events.
- Ensure the successful planning, execution, monitoring, and close out of Geomatics projects. To include the management of scope, procedures, stakeholders, time, resources, communication, cost, integration, risk, quality and procurement in compliance with company procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in and assist project Risk analysis and HAZID/HAZOP activities as necessary and ensure that Lessons Learned from earlier projects are appropriately captured and implemented.
- Responsible for all construction related, rig move and general positioning scopes of work, procedures and positioning supervisor selection.
- Act as focal point and knowledge base for all topographic/hydrographic survey operations and attend relevant internal meetings.
- Evaluate internal customers’ requirements and provide the optimum solution to support their objectives.
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with internal stakeholders, partners, contractors and positioning supervisors as required.
- Supervise the preparation and delivery of all project related cartographic products.
- Manage the provision and briefing of Offshore Positioning Supervisors for survey and positioning operations.
- Undertake spot audits of topographic/hydrographic operations.
- Ensure Contractor’s QHS&E Management Systems are implemented including reporting requirements.
- Champion Company HSE expectations and make timely reports of all incidents
- Undertake a constructive analysis of the survey contractor’s documentation and deliverables and provide feedback.
- Provide input to project management reports as required
- Report to the Geomatics Lead with particular attention to decisions impacting all GEOM activities
- Maintain an awareness of new technologies and working methods in the field of Geomatics to improve quality and efficiency.
- Have a good working knowledge of GIS systems and digital data storage systems.
- Ensure good housekeeping of all survey deliverables and their subsequent loading into GIS databases
Context and Requirement
- Provision of Geomatics expertise for the clients Field Development Projects, Rig Moves, and general positioning support.
- Clients Al Shaheen infrastructure after 25 years of development comprises of 9 installations, 36 platforms, 3 SPM’s, 2 FSO’s, 382.3 km of pipelines and 95.8 km of cables. 3rd party operator platforms and subsea assets lie within close proximity and traverse client infrastructure.
- Assist Geomatics Lead in the tight financial and budgetary control of projects, contracts, materials and services for Geomatics activities
- Doha (Qatar) office. Standard office hours, 5 days a week. Occasional offshore visits
Please Only Apply If You Meet The Following Requirements
Education: MSc in Geomatics or related degree preferred. BSc in Surveying / Geomatics will be considered.
Professional experience: At least 15 year’s Offshore E&P experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Offshore Survey Representative and a further 5 years as a Survey Project Manager /Team Lead Surveyor working on hydrographic, environmental and offshore construction projects.
A thorough understanding of the principles and practical application of Geodesy, Positioning, Hydrographic Survey and Acoustic Metrology applications is a pre-requisite.
Project management skills: PMI or PRINCE preferred. Knowledge of QHS&E Management Systems is essential. Basic user of a variety of drafting / visualization applications including AutoCAD, Fledermaus and Surfer would be an advantage.
Behavioral competencies: Strong communication and collaborative skills. Proactive logical mindset. Takes initiatives and makes decisions. Effective and proven organizational & networking skills with an ability to respond to project reporting requests under time pressure.