Parsons’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your proven knowledge of construction policy and procedures, will propel your career forward with the opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our Construction Managers to be versatile, experienced leading teams and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. In this role you will be responsible for bringing together a multi-disciplined team of individuals whose qualifications and experience meet the expertise required to accomplish the assigned construction management tasks.
- The Construction Manager will work on behalf of Parsons and the client with responsibilities including Acts as the representative of Parsons with the client, subcontractors and suppliers during the project execution.
- Represents the client in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings.
- Oversees establishment of the Construction Management Plan, Site-Specific Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Inspection – The selected candidate will have experience in and will be expected to supervise inspectors on assigned projects.
- Procurement – Prepare purchase requisitions and procure items necessary for the operation of the field office.
- Establish procedures for the administration of all field vehicles and equipment; maintain necessary status logs and reports.
- Supervise the work of subcontractors.
- Coordinates the drafting of requisitions, subcontract scopes of work, amendments, and task orders.
- Review and approve subcontractor safety plans and quality control plans.
- Ensure the subcontract files are maintained with current insurance certificates and correspondence. Monitor subcontractor expenses versus budget. Prepare draft amendments.
- Ensure the prime contract file is maintained current with insurance certificates and correspondence.
- Prepares and negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
- Works to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work; advise the client and company management of any such changes.
- The Construction Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Cost Engineering – Supervise the preparation of the client’s monthly construction progress report and the client’s contract status report.
- Prepare WBS, budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly safety self-assessment.
- Accounting – Supervise the development of the monthly Parsons invoices; review for accuracy. Review and approve subcontractor invoices.
- Prepare quarterly construction management reports and coordinate meetings.
- Quality – Establish the QA/QC Plan including the development of the inspection & test plan.
- Supervise setup and accreditation of the onsite materials testing laboratory.
- Safety – Establish safety and emergency procedures. Inspect the construction site weekly with the contractor’s safety representative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a construction-related field
- 15+ years of construction management experience and landscape experience with related projects
- Prior experience in overseeing and managing the construction of major capital improvement projects
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: jobs.parsons.com.