About the job
- Manages all on-site field construction activities associated with:
- Managing and ensuring on-going supervision of the Contractor’s works, issue surveillances and non-compliance observations
- Review Contractor’s method statements, shop drawings, etc. and monitor implementation
- Organize and chair relevant technical meetings with the Contractor, etc
- Review and monitor the Contractor’s temporary works submissions and operations
- Coordinate with other Supervising Consultant team members with respect to quality, health & safety, progress and cost issues
- Supervise the inspections for opening and closing snags
- Supervision during the defects liability period
- Applies a comprehensive knowledge of various disciplines to be used during construction, as well as the methods and techniques to be utilized for installation. Incumbent must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of all facilities to be erected.
- In addition to construction supervision, the incumbent is also responsible for field administration, procurement, and field engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a construction-related field
- 15+ years of construction management experience with related projects
- Prior experience in overseeing and managing the construction of major capital improvement projects