About The Role
In this interesting role, you will be responsible for monitoring and tracking adherence to all legislative requirements and best practices within Catering Services both in Doha and at all overseas stations, whilst ensuring that the airline maintains its 5 star award winning service. This includes (but is not limited to) responsibility for tracking and auditing Food Safety, Halal, Security and Ramp processes and safety compliance.
To achieve success in this role you will need to:
- Responsible for key elements of the QR due diligence defence in case of legal action relating to food safety standards or compliance
- Develops and manages a food-sampling programme worldwide from all suppliers, to ensure compliance to specifications agreed during menu presentations.
- Implements the Qatar Airways food safety policy ensuring compliance to all food safety legislations
- Provides robust defence of any allegations of food safety violation for QR through the provision of detailed and robust information on actions taken and processes followed to avoid issues
- Develops and implements robust product recall processes and carries out tests of the same to ensure QR can perform such activities when required.
- Implements the procedures and completes Food Safety, Alleged Food Poisoning and Foreign Body investigations as required, making recommendations for corrective action and reporting on all issues monthly
- Manages a risk-based auditing framework to target resource allocation and audit based on risk assessment
- Manages Flight Safety investigations on behalf of Catering Services ensuring a timely and robust review by collating information from others within Catering Services as required by Flight Operations
You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of job-related experience.
- Degree in related field from a recognized university or equivalent professional qualifications or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience of food safety and / quality management
- Experience in managing Quality Assurance programs
- Understanding of Food Safety, Security and Halal Compliance.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Proven skills in negotiation, evaluation and decision making.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Candidates with a degree in food science/microbiology and experience in quality management will be given priority.