We are seeking to recruit a Compliance and Regulatory Officer to join our Group Risk team in our Qatar office.
Main function of job:
To manage risk and compliance within the Qatar office with Qatari regulatory and legal requirements including holding the role of MLRO and advising on the QFCRA anti-money laundering requirements.
To support the central DWF Group Risk team in areas of risk management, business excellence, internal audit and regulatory matters ensuring that the Qatar office complies with DWF group risk and compliance requirements and DWF group policies and procedures where they do not conflict with local Qatari requirements.
- To support the Head of Regulatory in ensuring compliance in the Qatar office with the legal and regulatory requirements of the QFCRA and with DWF group requirements;
- To act as the Qatar Money Laundering Reporting Officer in ensuring compliance with all Anti-Money Laundering/Financing of Terrorism requirements of the QFCRA including the submission of reports to the QFCRA;
- To provide internal guidance and advice within the Qatar office on QFCRA regulatory requirements;
- To support the Head of Risk Management in the identification and management of Qatar-specific risks in the suite of Group Risk Registers;
- To support the Head of Internal Audit in facilitating of compliance with DWF group policies and procedures;
- To support the Head of Regulatory and the Data Protection Manager in maintaining compliance with the current Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to personal data processed in the Qatar office and/or transferred to/from other entities in the DWF group.
- To support the Group centralised client take on team in advising on client risk, especially in areas of geopolitical risks, sanctions and PEPs.
- To assist in the development of new Group policies and procedures working closely with the Head of Risk Management and the Head of Regulatory.