About the job
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Overall objective: Raising the profile and visibility of the BI hub in Doha work among both internal and external audiences through wide-spread, effective and timely communication of its goals, activities and key achievements.
- Foster an ‘All-of-UN approach’ for communication on counter-terrorism.
- Better communicating at and from the local level
- Better communicating for visibility, partnership and fundraising
Under the supervision of the Senior Portfolio ManagerCommunications Specialist will perform the following responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the Communication Plan for the BI hub in Doha. Advise on the project’s overall strategic direction and use ongoing findings and results from implementation of activities to update the communication plan;
- Work closely with other team members and experts to develop clear, coherent and consistent messaging about the BI hub in Doha work and mandate;
- Initiate and maintain relations with local, regional and global media outlets to raise profile of the mandate, capacity building and programmatic delivery;
- Be responsible for development and production Podcast series, including but not limited to strategic advice on objectives and audiences for the podcast, support in identification of third party podcasts;
- Supervise production of promotional video;
- Support the development of proposals for online and off-line public information material for campaigns, conferences, events and meetings promoted through the media, website, web pages and social media presence;
- Assist in developing communication products and provide recommendations on the production processes as required.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Outputs are delivered on time; their quality and impact are considered satisfactory by the Project Manager
- Engagement is professional, team oriented and positive.
- Demonstrates the core values of the UN (Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity) and the core competencies described below in the discharge of their duties.
*FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY*CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) preferably in communication, literature, linguistics or other related fields.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in strategic communications, including developing communications and advocacy strategies, or media is required.
- Excellent drafting skills are required.
Desired Work Experience:
- Experience in visual design is desirable.
- Fluency in English (write, read, talk) is required.