About the job
Your day to day
- Support Chef de Partie or Demi Chef de Partie in the daily operation and work
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
- Control food stock and food cost in your section
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
What we need from you
- As Commis I, you are responsible for the daily pastry preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the same / similar position in the 5-star hotel.
- Good knowledge of pastry product.
- The ability to communicate in English.
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail.
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Flexibility to work in rotating shifts.