Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in all sections of the kitchen, under supervision of Section Chefs.
- Tasks will include preparing ingredients and commodities in preparation for cooking, as well as cooking.
- Receipt and storage of all provisions, fresh and frozen, in accordance with current food hygiene regulations including correct stock rotation and storage.
- Ensuring that all food is labeled clearly and correctly.
- Checking all menus to ensure foodstuffs required have been received and are prepared on time and to the required standard.
- Cleaning according to the cleaning schedules.
- To provide assistance in the absence of other Section Chefs as instructed by the Head Chef or his Deputy.
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef.
- Comply with the Grooming and Hygiene standards
- Comply with the rules and regulations
Requirements and Qualification.
- The candidate should have at least 2 years’ experience as a Commis chef
- Should have any culinary certification or relevant certification
- Must be creative and should have an eye for detail.
- Should have in-depth knowledge of sanitation principles
- Should be willing to learn.
- Can follow detailed written or verbal instructions precisely