About the role :-
- You will ensure that the airport commercial offering is in line with Hamad International Airport’s (HIA) strategic objectives & positioning and manages its implementation end to end.
- You will ensure that the performance of the assigned concessions activities is realized at the most effective and profitable way, securing at all times HIA’s revenues/benefits and Vendors’ contractual obligations. Exploits potential new commercial offerings, enhancing further the commercial mix in the airport.
- You will support Department’s manager in the implementation of the commercial strategy within HIA’s footprint including the terminal and other facilities for commercial use, by contributing to the development of product mix, locations, stores layout and appearance, rental and concession fees, selection of vendors and award process.
- You will observe competition which includes the local market and regional airports and analysis results.
- You will be accountable for all existing commercial offer, including but not limited to, retail stores, dinning, currency exchange, car rentals, hotel services, banks, airport’s car parking, etc.by performance monitoring and revenues generation, within HIA’s footprint
- You will optimize revenues from the concessions assigned to him/her by regularly reviewing and evaluating the agreed commercial terms with the vendors, recommending improvement modifications to vendors’ operations, in order to best serve the passengers requirements and airport’s commercial offer.
- You will oversee all existing monitoring systems & KPl’s, and preparing analytical reports for the assigned concessions performance.
- You will regularly evaluate vendors performance, plans, procedures and practices and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- You will instruct vendors to perform all essential adjustments/modifications (i.e. assortment, prices, offers) through their operations/unit(s) towards passengers’ satisfaction and safeguard at all times Airport’s revenues.
- You will be the liaison between the selected vendors and airport’s competent departments for all issues related to the fit-out process and final approvals, for the operation of the new commercial space(s), areas or other facilities available for the offer of any types of commercial activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience
- Experience in a similar role at a medium — large sized airport, malls, department stores or commercial companies with international exposure.
- Commercial mind-set and monitoring of vendors, partners or contracting parties.
- Vendors management, commercial management, customers monitoring.
- Sales monitoring and development, contract drafting and negotiation, commercial management and interaction with commercial vendors and clients.