About The Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Commercial Lead to join our transport & Infrastructure Division in Qatar. The required person will have a proven background delivering major roads & highways projects in the Middle East.
A Typical Week Would Include
- record-keepingManage the commercial administration of the Project in compliance with the Authority /PMC Project commercial administration procedures.
- Manage the checking of Contractor’s interim payment applications.
- Monitoring of the Contractor’s control over time and cost in accordance with the Construction Contract.
- Review and address all Contractor’s/Clients variations and claims and provide written response to the SRE.
- Advise the Engineer on contractual issues as they arise.
- Identify cases were claims may be a potential or imminent possibility and notify the Engineer of the same.
- Study and prepare reports providing recommendations to the Engineer on claims submitted by the Contractor for Relief for Cost.
- Manage the change management process including preparing the Business Case for the change for Client approval and preparing Site Instructions for issue by the Engineer.
- Study, prepare and provide recommendations for Variation Orders
- Manage the maintenance of variation and claims logs.
- Chair biweekly Commercial Meetings and prepare minutes.
- Chair ad-hoc meetings to discuss claims.
- Provide Input to Monthly Progress Reporting as required.
- Participate in Monthly Progress Meetings with the Contractor/Engineer/Authority as required.
- Interface with other construction supervision team members to meet overall program deliverables.
- Manage the Commercial Team by allocating specific sections of the work to meet the needs of the programme, mentoring and training to ensure competence levels match the needs of the project and reviewing staffing levels
- Study contractual correspondence issued by Contractor’s and prepare responses.
- Review draft correspondence prepared by construction supervision team members and upgrade for the issue.
- Input to KPI scoring and Risk management and reporting
- Manage the record-keeping and timesheet approval process to support submission of consultant fee notes to the Client
- Other day-to-day project delivery issues allocated by the SRE.
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Have
- Sound knowledge of the contract administration aspects of major civil & infrastructure projects including roads, bridges and utilities.
- Good technical awareness of major road and infrastructure construction techniques.
- Undergraduate degree in Quantity Surveying from accredited internationally recognized university
- Professional qualified and chartered by a recognized International Professional Body e.g. MRICS, MCIOB
- Experience in international contracting forms, FIDIC or FIDIC based bespoke forms
- Minimum fifteen (15) years managing major infrastructure projects
- Experience in claims and dispute resolution methods
- Fluency in English language both written and spoken
- Computer literacy
- Middle East Experience preferred