About the job
About The Team
Careem’s Ride Hailing business touches the lives of millions of people in our region today. As we continue to drive crazy growth in our core business, we’re looking for a rockstar candidate to lead one of our biggest markets for Careem.
What You’ll Do
As the Commercial Director, you will have the opportunity to manage and scale our bread-and-butter business across Qatar.
We’re looking for a strong people leader who is agile and has a deep understanding of the market and its customer base across the different segments. In this role, you will be expected to build and execute on a market strategy that allows Careem to continue its strong market positioning within existing segments while expanding into new segments, geographies and use cases.
You will be leading a team of functional experts in business development and category management while working hand in hand with experienced functional leaders providing dedicated support to the market. The scope of the role requires an ability to work across operations, sales and account management, marketing and growth, partnerships, government relations, communications, finance, and people teams.
- Defining the vision for ride hailing and developing the market strategy with clear quarterly objectives
- Overseeing and managing the market performance at a country, city, and business level
- Owning the ride hailing P&L for the country and optimising growth and profitability on an ongoing basis
- Direct management of business development and commercial managers to execute on strategic growth initiatives
- Collaborating with the broader functional teams in operations, marketing, PR/Comms to support the market strategy execution
- Building relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally, including strategic partners, government officials, industry counterparts to drive large transformational partnerships for the market
What You’ll Need
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to leading and growing a rockstar team, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, a strong sense of curiosity and urgency to get things done, and a clear alignment with our core values: ownership, be of service and shoot to the moon. Additional qualifications include:
- A people leader who invests in growing and guiding the team
- Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen and a strong analytical approach
- Deep understanding of P&L and individual levers
- Fast learner and agile in a dynamic role, business, and market
- Big picture thinker able to zoom in and out as needed to service the business
- Humble and hungry to learn something new; curiosity to do what has not been done before to set the bar on experience, customer service, and innovation in the market
- Strong project management skills; ability to deliver on multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Data-driven decision-making mentality
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in business management, operations and strategy.
- Qatar specific experience and strong knowledge of the market are a plus
- Team leadership
- Customer-centric experience and mindset
- Experience at a tech company
- Previous experience in top tier strategy consulting firms/telecom operators and GM role with P&L ownership are a plus
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.