About the job
- minimum of a diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Manufacturing engineering or a closely related field is required;
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a university, institute of higher education, or industry training environment.
- A minimum of 7 years of industrial experience as a practitioner/professional in manufacturing engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years working and operating with CNC and Lathe Machine
Candidates Should Also Be Recognized In The Following Criteria
- contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development
- professional recognition and standing amongst peers
- academic subject leadership or academic management
- Record of successful participation in applied research projects
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Professional certification in CNC, welding, or other manufacturing certifications
- Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based project
Other Required Skills
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate
- Experience in conventional machining (lathes, milling machines, drill presses)
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community