About the job
Will be one of the team responsible for planning, management and delivery of all temporary accommodation operations prior to and during the 2022 FIFA World Cup™.
Temporary accommodation solutions are currently identified as; Real Estate (apartments and villas temporarily operated as serviced units), Floating Hotels, Fan Village (tents), Private lettings, and Tournament Workforce Accommodation (worker camps).
- Execution of assigned tasks and responsibilities for the Accommodation Operations sub-project. This position will require the incumbent to work in a team and at times may require management of a small team along with the project plans and time lines.
- Employee to be proactive in the assurance and delivery of accommodation operations at the time of the Tournament. The primary focus will be on assigned temporary accommodation types which are to be used during the Tournament but may also include elements related to Permanent Accommodation (eg. Hotels).
- Participate in the Quality Assurance checking of HSP’s execution of services for the Real Estate Properties prior to and throughout the Tournament
- Understand the Supreme Committee’s proposed solutions to meet demand and the current assumptions relating to revenue/cost/profit(loss) and input therein
- Support the team to align, coordinate and integrate accommodation operations at multiple sites in support of FIFA World Cup
- Ensure that all services are delivered on-time, within scope and budget guidance.
- Support the development of scopes of work and service level agreements matched to stakeholder requirements for service delivery across multiple sites
- Implement the department’s project plan and track progress
- Report and escalate matters to management as needed
- Assure appropriate training and briefings are provided to all staff pre-tournament
- Maintain good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- On a continual basis, raise awareness of risks to minimise project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Assisting in creating and defining the service levels expected from the various temporary accommodation solutions proposed for the Tournament for all Accommodation User Groups (AUG)
- Support the alignment of any accommodation operations activities with other Host Country Operational planning;
- Support any tenders with respect to the provision of Accommodation along with any contract awards
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor directly related or relevant to the job
Ensure the assigned responsibilities are delivered:
- to a high standard of quality and timeliness
- in full compliance with the SC Quality Policy and the Safety and Security rules and requirements
- inline with any standards and objectives designated in the Employee Performance Management system
- Fluent in the Arabic language
Qualifications, experience and skills
- 8 Years’ experience in the hospitality industry at project/operations/Front Office/Housekeeping manager level
- 3+ years of recent experience working for a major hotel and/or serviced apartments in Qatar/region is a must
- Proven significant direct knowledge and experience in the following areas (as many as possible is preferred but a range of experience is also required) from both a technical and commercial perspective:
- Management or knowledge of hospitality operations – Front of House and Back of House
- Operational staffing and resource planning
- Direct experience as a result of working on a major sporting event and knowledge of the key constituent groups in a sporting event would be beneficial but not a requirement
- Proven ability to interact with multiple departments / providers with excellent analytical and people management skills
- Flexibility and a related ability to work autonomously
- Further education related to the hospitality industry or in Business Management or relevant discipline from an accredited institution
10-month contract – based in Doha, Qatar