Position: Cluster Hygiene Manager
Department: Executive Office
Reports to: Hotel Manager/General Manager
- Assist the Executive Chef (or any designates) to maintain the cleanliness and health standards which allows the kitchen department to operate as per the hygiene standards of Qatar
- Assist Executive Chef (or any designates) to maximize colleagues’ productivity in order to minimize costs of wastage
- Monitor operating costs and take corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to “What we expect “policies in our Navigator Handbook.
- Assist colleagues in supporting culinary teams, if required, to enhance team spirit, develop credibility, respect, openness and trust.
- To conduct trainings & development programs according to the monthly training plan, hygiene reports and any other highlighted areas for fine tuning/development that would benefit the department.
- Provide performance feedback and discuss any areas for fine tuning/development – and highlight areas of strength to colleagues.
- Follow clear directions & instructions given by Managers/Supervisors
- Report accidents and sickness immediately to the Executive Chef/Team leader & Executive Office, with clear and concise updates if required. A record to be made in the kitchen log book.
- To inform and keep the Executive Chef/Team leader up-to-date on challenges and irregularities and recommend courses of action.
- To respond to change positively, in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- Interacts with colleagues of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
- Maximize motivation, morale and consistently maintain discipline and discipline related documentation following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Maintain a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy on Safety Procedures and Practices.
- Maintain a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to Food hygiene & Safe Food Handling practices.
- Maintain a complete understanding of, and adhere to the hygiene standards relating to cleaning, polishing methods, chemical usage and storage, handling breakages, storing equipment and chinaware in the outlets.
- Liaise with the kitchen staff in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- Ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Follow the cleaning schedule for the day, plan deep cleaning schedule from the forecast and for the next day’s operation.
- To identify and request assistance if required, prior to any breakdowns occurring.
- Conduct the set-up, service and breakdown for each meal period.
- Assist in the development of a safe and clean working environment.
- Perform any duties and special projects as requested by your Executive Chef whether in your own department or any other department in the resort.
- Schedule & conduct for hygiene inspection.
- Provide report for hygiene inspection/ prepare the action plan.
Carries out additional tasks from time to time, by request of senior team members which may not be directly related to the job role but necessary for the smooth operation of the resort
- Minimum of 3-4 years of previous experience in Luxury hotel and facilities services of comparable size, scale
- Previous experience working in Qatar preferred
- Strong ability to set priorities, balance competing priorities, and multi-task.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Previous role in a multicultural environment
- Experienced in Fire & Life safety systems