The General Manager is responsible for overseeing and providing day to day direction in all aspects of management of the club facilities. The General Manager will manage and continuously develop all aspects of the club’s business, and in conjunction with the Top Management, have a clear vision for the club’s strategic direction. The General manager will have responsibility for all staff.
Implements and monitors the budget, monitors the quality of the club’s products and services and ensures maximum member and guest satisfaction. Secures and protects the club’s assets, including facilities and equipment.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing a clear operational direction for all divisions
- To ensure all staff are working effectively together to deliver high service levels to members and guests.
- To monitor and raise the quality of the club’s products and services and ensure maximum value of services to members and/or customers.
- To guide and assist the Management in the development of the club’s short and long-term objectives, as laid down in the Annual Plan.
- To make strategic recommendations that will enable the club to realize its potential as well as securing a sound membership base.
- Develop, implement & maintain rules, regulation.
- Evaluate structure, procedures, concepts and manage the development of plans for improvement.
- Ensure program work within company policies and procedures.
- Develop, realize and organize projects (strategies) with external partners.
- Assess training needs staff and ensures staff participation in training programs.
- Handle all staff-related issues.
- Staff evaluation (KPI).
- Driving program team to achieve monthly targets.
- Control Overall Revenue Lines of the program.
- Budget preparation & forecasting
- Weekly & Monthly reports & figures
- Revenue Report analysis & configuration
Sales and Marketing
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure alignment of brand strategy and the execution of marketing campaigns & activities.
- Achieve Sales and Retention targets as set by the management.
- New Revenue Generating ideas implementation.
- Updating the Marketing plan to support the achievement of the operating targets.
- Come up with new ideas & initiatives to increase Revenue & Market brand awareness.
Working with Procurement for product selection & quotations from External Suppliers.
Handle all operational aspects of the program.
PROBLEM SOLVING and Accountability
The operations manager’s role is to direct and improve workflow for services and employees, to ensure the program runs as efficiently as possible. Operations manager should look at existing processes, examine them, and come up with necessary solutions.
The GM is also accountable for providing accurate, reliable, relevant, objective, clear, concise and complete information on the results of the different projects and business recommendations.
A Bachelor Degree in either Business/ Physical education or sports management.
Fitness Diplomas or certificates such as REPS or equivalent.
Must have at least 7 to 8 years of experience within the Health and Fitness Industry and direct experience as a General Manager for a minimum of 4 years.
- Fitness Industry: 8 years (Preferred)
- General Manager: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)