About the job
About The Role
You will be providing psychological support and intervention in-person or remotely to all QR staff, conduct mental health intake assessment and risk management, assess and evaluate individual’s mental and emotional conditions using clinical interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other psychometric assessment methods. Provide psychotherapy and other counselling, leasing to enhanced quality of staff wellbeing, and ability to function effectively in the workplace.
- Provide counselling and psychotherapy in-person or remotely to all QR staff to enable employees overcome difficulties, make decisions and promote personal development.
- Conduct initial mental health intake assessment and risk management remotely or in person on staff with a suspected or actual mental health problem, and to identify staff at immediate risk of harm to self or others.
- Perform clinical assessment and detailed evaluation to identify underlying issues in employees using clinical interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other assessment methods.
- Carry a caseload, mostly brief psychotherapy and other counselling, leasing to enhanced quality of staff wellbeing, and ability to function effectively in the workplace.
- Consult with various departments within the organization on cases of psychological bearing.
- Refer staff for psychiatric consultation or admissions where medical supervision and pharmacological intervention is necessary.
- Refer staff to primary care, occupational health, or aviation medicine specialists if staff requires any medications or further investigations as needed to ensure appropriate care is provided.
- Liaise with primary care, occupational health, or aviation medicine specialists if staff’s psychological status or treatment is considered an occupational or safety risk.
- Provide recommendations on ways to identify and manage fatigue, sleep, stress, and other lifestyle issues that could impact safety and employee well-being.
- Provide counselling and psychotherapy in-person or remotely to immediate family members of QR staff to assist them overcome emotional difficulties and promote mental wellbeing.
- Develop treatment plans based on patient’s interests, abilities, and needs ensuring evidence based treatment protocols are followed.
- Maintain accurate patient records and documentation and provide regular statistical reports to the Senior Psychologist – Head of Psychology Services on psychological services provided.
You must be eligible for Qatar Council of health care practitioner (QCHP) licensing under the State of Qatar.
Education And Experience
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience
- Experience as a Clinical Psychologist in a multicultural environment and a major industry.
- Experience in research and psychometric analysis.
- Clinical case management of mental health conditions.