About the job
Clinical Nurse– Future Vacancies (All Specialties)
Staff Nurse / Registered Nurse provides and coordinates patient care utilizing the nursing process. Care is delivered using a family/patient-centered approach and is guided by the (The View Hospital) Professional Practice Model. The RN adheres to TVH mission, vision and values and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to deliver the highest quality of patient care. She/he practices in accordance with the Codes of Ethics of the Ministry of Public Health and of the International Council of Nurses (ICN); core standards of care of designated work area; and TVH policies and procedures. Is accountable for scope of clinical practice, escalating to Nurse manager matters that are outside own control or competence.
Staff Nurse / Registered Nurse is responsible to provide safe, effective Nursing care to serious ill, injured patients using professional knowledge and skills as per TVH’s policies and procedures as well as ensuring that assigned patients are receiving the required multidisciplinary care on time.
- always Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Abides by TVH’s rules & regulations and ensures that other staff follow the same.
- always Maintains patient confidentiality & patient safety.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance is always neat and clean.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Protects and uses resources and assets in a conscientious and effective manner.
- Declares all incidents and accidents occurring during their shifts or discovered by them.
- Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills, using lines of authority appropriately.
- Ensures good relations with employees.
- Demonstrates cooperation and flexibility in staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts.
Professional and Technical Responsibilities:
- Delivery of high-quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical and psychosocial), coordination of interdisciplinary care activities, and evaluation of patient progress.
- Consistently demonstrate sound nursing judgement and strong patient and/or family advocacy
- Provide patient and/or family education to support patients in managing their own health
- Maintain patient privacy and dignity, and protect patient data by keeping patient and other applicable data confidential
- Assure quality of care by adhering to evidence-based nursing and practice standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by the Ministry of public Health (MOpH)
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving method
- Establish a compassionate and caring environment, and ensure patients are always cared for with dignity
- Follow all TVH organizational policies and procedures.
- Follow all Nursing and unit-specific policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Effective understanding of nurse-sensitive quality indicators and consistent contribution to attaining and maintaining benchmarks in the designated area
- Protect self, colleagues, patients, visitors by adhering to all policies and procedures always
- Ensure good relations with employees
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- 2-5 years post-registration nursing experience in a large acute/tertiary hospital (required)
- Eligibility for Registered Nurse as per QCHP criteria Guidelines & Useful Links (moph.gov.qa)