The Civil Engineer is responsible for a variety of engineering tasks in the initial planning and design phase of projects. Responsible to interact with other disciplines, project support groups, subcontractors, vendors and customer representatives as appropriate on an assigned project.
- Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing, issues reports and maintains related data.
- Prepares reviews and approves drawings as required.
- Advises the Supervising Discipline Engineer about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
- Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks.
- Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with the assigned project.
- Keeps proper engineering files and records.
- Understands and uses computer software and applications associated with engineering assignments.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
- Able to use vendor documents as reference for assigned tasks and is able to review the discipline’s supplier documents for accuracy.
- Under general direction, completes engineering assignments of moderate to advanced complexity.
- Fully understands and assists with the preparation of project scope within a specific discipline.
- Fully understands business development concepts and methods and provides support to proposals.
- Fully understands codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
- Fully versed with and can check the work sequence, general content and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services or construction within a specific discipline.
- Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations within a specific discipline.
- Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
- Reviews and advices on purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor them to aid in evaluating budget limitations.
- Takes the lead on estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
- Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline’s material costs and of cost and forecasting.
- Understands the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
- Can integrate all project functional requirements into a complete project plan.
- May provide technical guidance to less experienced engineering staff.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor of Science Degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate engineering discipline or the sciences from a four-year accredited college or university. Experience: 4+ years of experience required. FE (EIT) certificate preferred. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. The position requires Secret Clearance and US Citizenship. Position may require travel.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: www.amentumcareers.com.