About the job
To provide process discipline specific engineering services to Worley and its clients, and technical support and supervision within the discipline and to other disciplines by leading a discipline team.
- Ensure all design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner and conforms to the codes and standards used by the client, or to agreed industry standards
- Supervise and co-ordinate senior engineers and engineers
- Ensure all Process engineering work on the projects assigned to him is carried out within established budgets and schedules
- Technical direction, advice and control of the process work
- Liaise with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes & standards
- Scope definition, estimation and progress control of the process engineering activities
- Planning of man hour budgets, schedules, manpower loadings and staffing requirements, by skill and experience, to satisfy project requirements and direction given by the Engineering Manager
- Liaise with other discipline lead engineers on technical issues and engineering matters
- Assist asset/client Lead Project Engineers in the definition of the process engineering work in any project, design approach and criteria, procedures for engineering work and timely production of deliverables
- Coordination and preparation of input to Essential Process Documents, as defined by the client/ contract. Where responsibility for update of the Master Documents is handed to the Lead Process Engineer, procedures shall be put in place to maintain document integrity
- Quality Assurance – responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system
- Safety – responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
Industry Specific Experience
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 15 years design experience within the oil and gas industry, with last 5 years’ at least, leading a team of process discipline engineers and designers
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the process discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Highly effective people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Highly effective management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands Worley Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Good English communication skills (spoken & written)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.