About the job
Lesha Bank is always in search of top talent and bright minds to contribute to the current transformation taking place at our bank. We are looking for unique individuals that are passionate and hungry to add value. Every day at Lesha is a different day that presents a new challenge with the opportunity to contribute and grow. We are currently looking for a Chief Investment Officer.
The Chief Investment Officer will overlook several departments and functions within those departments ranging from all Investments, Treasury, and Private Banking. The candidate should have large exposure to Investment Banking and Investment Management.
- Develop a vision and strategy for providing world-class services and environment to the shareholders, clients, and employees in line with the overall business objectives of QFB
- Advise the management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions
- Plan, develop and implement key pipelines for the Investment teams
- Build Treasury-related relationships to increase network and reach
- Build and influence the firm’s clientele base and satisfaction through various private banking and wealth management options
- Prepare investment banking strategies and business plans
- Develop motivated professional teams in each business
- Develop a range of products and services that will distinguish the Company and are fully Sharia compliant
- Build key client relationships nationally, regionally, and worldwide to develop new business
- Establish procedures to support effective and efficient processing of business transactions
- Establish an effective risk management system
- Work with CEO to keep investors, shareholders, regulators, auditors, and potential clients informed about the progress of the firm and their investments
- Ensure that banking investments meet the highest ethical standards and that local and international laws and regulations are fully met
- Achieve a financial result equal to or better than agreed through the budget process
- Continually strive to improve efficiency and lower the costs of providing services while achieving the highest level of service standards
- Administer expenditures within delegation limits
- Develop and monitor the departmental annual budgets to ensure compliance
- Ensure cost-saving measures are incorporated into all activities of the department
- Encourage and support the professional development of staff to ensure they keep abreast of technical developments, relevant regulations, and industry best practice
- Set direction, agree on objectives, and regularly review and assess the performance and personal development of all direct reports in line with the organization’s Human Resources procedures.
- Coach and train direct subordinates to develop their skills
- Select, or approve the selection and training of senior executives. Establish lines of control and delegate responsibilities to subordinate staff.
- Monitor day-to-day management of staff, such as work allocation
- Interact with other departments to identify and address their reporting requirements.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business related field
- Minimum of 10-15 years of executive responsibility in investment banking
- Proven track record in banking investment management
- Experience in managing high-performing multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to lead and manage large highly skilled and highly experienced teams of investment bankers
- Knowledge of Sharia-compliant investments
- Experience managing Investment departments
- Experience managing Private Banking teams
- Knowledge of Treasury products
- Exposure to Real Estate and Alternative Investments
- Fluent in English