Centara West Bay Hotel and Residences
Centara West Bay Hotel & Residences Doha part of Centara Hotels & Resorts, a group whose traditions go back over 30 years, continues to grow and expand in new and exciting destinations, which include China, Cuba, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Oman, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam and Thailand. All Centara Hotels and Resorts welcome you with warm and gracious hospitality inspired and drawn from Thailand’s rich culture and heritage.
To lead the Finance department and associated operations such as account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimize the hotels profitability.
- Ensures that Finance team provides month end closing and all other required management reports.
- Works closely with Financial Controller / General Manager / other departments to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel.
- Prepares capital reviews as required by Financial Controller / General Manager or Finance Department.
- Develops the best practice financial accounting and control procedures; continually reviews the process and procedures to maximize impact and efficiency.
- Complies with company policies and procedures across the area, maximizes performance on the Finance Balanced Scorecard.
- Assists Head of Departments to improve their financial awareness and provides them with relevant financial information for their operations.
- Ensures all Local government mandatory requirements are strictly followed for hotels not limited to Licenses, Permits & Tax related, etc.
- Reviews & approves payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Reviews the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Ageing reports on a daily basis. Follows up 30 days after the initial billing if payment has not been received.
- Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Effectively manages the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, regular meetings, and appropriate performance management.
- Performs cash flow forecasting, budgeting and works closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Posts details of business transactions in the General and Operating Ledgers.
- Prepares the following monthly reports: 1- Profit and Loss Statement; 2- Balance Sheet with supporting schedules; 3- Trends of operations;
- Computes the following: 1- Management Fee; 2- Owner’s Share;
- Performs reconciliation of the following: 1- Bank statements; 2- Inter-company accounts; 3- Owner’s accounts;
- Provides input to budget preparation, forecast reports and monthly reporting
- Assumes full responsibility for month-end closing
- Finishing monthly financial report (pegboard) to be distributed internally and to the owners
- Prepares the following: 1- Monthly analysis of accounts; 2- Status of barter agreements; 3- Schedule for profit budget;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in similar position preferably in the hospitality business
- Strong leadership skills and able to work well in both a team environment and independently
- Effective management skills
- Knowledge of commercial business, especially as it relates to hotel management
- Experience with the hotel systems
- Proficiency in English and computer literate
- Good health, mature and pleasant personality and neat appearance
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: www.centarahotelsresorts.com.