Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
As a Chef de Partie in the Customer Service team, you will be supporting the operations of the Menu Development team in producing, creating and tweaking the new dishes for the upcoming quarterly menu cycles. The purpose of this role is to support the senior chefs to ensure smooth operation within the assigned section. You will be required to plan the operation of the section with regard to manpower and scheduling of daily operations.
In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Plan, prepare and cook menu items in his / her section as directed by Junior Sous Chef by following right ingredients and standards to ensure that all food is prepared as per HACCP standards
- Assist and get involved in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- Conduct inventory periodically as per schedule to ensure all meals produced in the shift are as per requirements and leftovers are managed effectively to minimize wastage.
- Review and gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix, and menu planning with Junior Sous Chef, manage wastage and maintain kitchen productivity
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- High School Qualification (O level, minimum Year 10)
- Culinary school or certified culinary professional courses/program/diploma/degree
- Professional cooking certification
- Completion of a major international brand or hotel apprenticeship
- Minimum 3 years of job- related experience in hot/cold kitchen or butchery
- Good working knowledge about Food and Beverages
- Good knowledge of Food Hygiene and HACCP
- Ability to effectively supervise and train large and diverse work staff
- Experience in managing a high – pressured environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills