As a Chef De Partie, you are responsible for culinary operations of your team, staff management, daily production chart reports, wastage reduction, and efficient production flows. You will support the senior culinary leadership in in ensuring the implementation of standards, hygiene, food safety, and consistency are maintained as per company and client requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Report to work on time and checks schedule the day before.
- Attend daily 15 minutes training and present one topic monthly.
- Effectively operates the department within his/her team.
- Attends daily briefing.
- Control of overtime (any over time to be pre – approved by Exec. Chef/Production Manager).
- Proper handling of overproduction and wastage.
- Assist Sous- Chef and / or Exec Chef/Production Manager where needed.
- Prepares complete line products needed in department.
- Prepares the daily production charts make sure that quantities are filed in correctly and production is made accordingly.
- A par stock to be established to avoid over production.
- Prepares order for storeroom according to production charts.
- Follows (FIFO) First Out Procedures.
- Directs and supervises whole team in their work.
- Promotes and maintain effective communication between supervisor and each other.
- Checks food presentation and standards.
- Ensure implementation of safety standards.
- Follows procedures with the use of cleaning supplies.
- Maintains the sanitary standards and “Clean as you Go” policy.
- Attends all kitchen meetings and comes up with feedback and/suggestions.
Who We Look For
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
- 5 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of one or more of the following cuisines: Italian, Lebanese, Mexican, Bakery, Oriental, International, Butchery, Both hot and cold section.
- Skills and communication: Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), innovative, pro-active and reliable.
- Able to work alone and within a team.
- Education or Certification.
- Good level of English is essential