About the job
About The Role
The role of Chef De Cuisine is to work with Manager Operation Culinary and Quality assurance on managing the food production and quality improvement, ensure food safety management standards are implemented and followed at all times in all working areas. Oversites all aspects pertaining to the control of food production cost, monitor regular standards of food production to ensure highest level of food quality in all kitchens, assist in designing, implementing and overseeing special events and special food promotions.
In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage and execute food production activities for entire department by overseeing day to day productions which includes menu planning and preparation.
- Create and develop new recipe in line with customer demands and sales trends, concepts, plan proper food rotation to ensure QDF food offer are innovative and fresh.
- Coordinate with Sous Chef to update and verify work assignment for kitchen team as per specific sections to ensure all food production is covered accordingly.
- Conduct the internal production audit with the help of Sous chef to ensure all the production areas (including chillers, freezers, storage areas, decanting rooms) are maintain clean and tidy always and submit the report to the Line Manager.
- Maintain and monitor hygiene, health and safety standards and monitor that HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) are adhered and recording the same.
- The successful candidate should have minimum Bachelor’s degree and Food safety level 2/3.
- You should have minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferably as Head Chef in a 5 star International Brand or luxury Outlet
- You should be very aware of the latest culinary trend and implementation.
- Experience and certification in HACCP is essential.
- Knowledge in fine dining and a la carte is essential.
- An experience in Italian cuisine OR European cuisine is highly desirable