About the role:
An exciting opportunity to join the Qatar Airways in our Catering Services Team. In this role, you will be the sole point of contact and in-charge of projects, business process improvement within Catering Service. Planning, budgeting, overseeing and documenting all aspects of the projects assigned by Catering Service Management. You will work closely with the senior management to ensure scope and direction of each project is on schedule, in addition to that of dependencies and deliverables across other supporting departments. You will work collaboratively across all departments of Catering Service to help improve the management of business process while focusing on the entire process from beginning to end; exploring opportunities that drive process improvement for the betterment of achieving the best results.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- First point of contact in QRCS for all stakeholders within QR Group for any deliverables that needs to be project managed. Consultant for Catering related operations across all Qatar Airways acquired Joint Venture and Partner Airlines. Provide technical and operational expertise to the Airline partner companies in terms of logistics, Meal uplift plan and Menu development.
- Direct and manage project development (Quisine, Consultant support (celebrity Chef), business process review IT, Marketing initiatives) from beginning to end as assigned by Catering Service Management. Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with executive management. Effective interaction, clear communication with SME’s to achieve the project.
- Is a QRCS representative leading all events and organizing all department accountabilities i.e. VIP events, Air shows onsite, QR Chalet (QR Events Team), plan catering requirements and manage effectively with a special focus across food quality. Issuing detailed catering briefs and directives including meal presentation with caterers.
- Responsible for ensuring the creation, implementation and review of all relevant SOPs for the Commercial and Change area.
- Conducting Process Mapping and Gap Analysis workshops within Catering Service for continuous improvement. Responsible for managing department KPI document and providing monthly report to senior management. Tracks performance and reports trends and opportunities / ideas for improvement for Catering Service.
- Managing all Research and Development by creating Feasibility Reports and Risk analysis.
You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of job related experience. It is highly beneficial if you have worked in a large catering environment or a five star hotel and have knowledge and adherence of HACCP Policy and Standard Quality Procedures.
It is preferred if you have:
- Project management or operations and logistics related qualification.
- Lean Management trained.
- HACCP or any other Food Safety qualification / training.
- Leading a large scale project involving catering in an Airline, Airport or Catering Unit.
- Managing day-to-day Airline-catering operations in a global environment.
- Forecasting, reporting, planning and project / programme management.
- Project management, Hospitality or Event management.
- High level PC literacy especially with MS Excel, MS Projects, MS Visio skills required.
- High level written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.