The category lead supervisor will be responsible for all procurement activities including the development of contracting strategies, sourcing, commercial evaluations, and negotiations in order to achieve a dynamic, effective and efficient supply base with the best possible commercial terms and conditions.
The role will require close collaboration and positive relationship building with internal business stakeholders and vendors to deliver key strategies for sustainable growth.
- Coordinate with business units to establish and consolidate all procurement requirements.
- Execute tender plans for product and service categories to achieve the best value for the company.
- Lead the development and execution of sourcing strategies and implementation plans for all category related acquisitions.
- Carry out market assessments, cost models, benchmarking and the total cost of ownership models.
- Ensure that strategic sourcing principles are consistently used to drive best practices and to ensure that the procurement strategy is aligned with business plan objectives.
- Develop RFIs, RFPs, in conjunction with the relevant business units.
- Develop technical and commercial evaluation of bids in-line company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders in order to shortlist and finalize the best suppliers and guarantee an optimum supply chain.
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies to ensure all category related acquisitions are negotiated adequately.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in line with established policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist in the implementation of departmental processes to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements.
- Implement and actively enforce compliance to work processes to ensure the health and safety of employees and the protection of the environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in supply chain management related fields.
- A Masters degree in business administration or a masters’ degree in supply chain management is desirable.
- An accredited procurement/ supply chain-related certification.
- 5-7 years of experience in the category management team.
- Maritime industry experience.
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite, Project & Visio)
- Fluent in English, Arabic preferable.
- Strong knowledge of local and international procurement laws and procedures.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of sources of supply market trends.
To apply for this job please visit www.milaha.com.