The Cashier will be responsible for handling the cash register systems and sales transactions. The individual must greet, assist and serve customers on the shop floor at all points in the shopping experience in order to ensure the provision of the highest standards of customer service and the achievement of maximum sales.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Take full ownership of Customer Service standards in line with Majid Al Futtaim guidelines, understanding customer needs and enabling the fulfillment of an exceptional experience for the customer.
- Ensure customer concerns are addressed promptly and professionally and escalated in a timely manner to the Store Manager when necessary.
- Keep the customer in mind through all interactions.
- Support sales teams as and when required through the sales process ensuring maximum benefit to the business.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs in other Majid Al Futtaim Fashion brands and stores, if not available in-store.
- Achieve set sales targets and use creative ways to exceed the same, keeping the customer in mind.
- Contribute to enhanced sales targets with thorough product knowledge, taking opportunities to upsell and cross-sell.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of product range and current instore promotion details, sharing the information with customers to encourage sales.
- Operate the cash register, receive payments in all authorized modes and issue receipts/bills against purchases.
- Ensure cash desk standards are maintained at all times including but not limited to cleanliness, tidiness, and replenishment.
- Ensure store opening and closing checklists are completed in a timely manner, with responsibility for all stock-related activities like delivery and tracking of stock, replenishment, availability, and display.
- Perform accurate transfer in/out of items to/from shops and warehouses.
- Be aware of and monitor potential security risks, escalating issues or concerns where necessary.
- Comply with all store security policies and regulations, minimizing exposure to stock loss.
- Open and close cash registers at the start or end of the business trading day, performing tasks including but not limited to counting money, separating charge slips, vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
Qualifications / Education:
High School Certificate
1-2 years industry experience