The Cashier manages all the activities linked to cash register, always following the Company procedures and local legislation. Enriches and updates the client database and carries out all the necessary secretary activities in order to support the store.
As we grow and expand, we need to attract and nurture the finest talent on every continent. External recruitment is a strategic pillar of our human resources policy. It is vital to bringing new energy to the company.
- Is responsible for the cash register opening procedures, verifying the presence of cash and the correct functioning of all the necessary devices
- Manages cash payments, currencies, credit cards and cheques, checking for consistency with the Company procedures and the tax regulations
- Manages the process of billing and credit notes according to the local regulations
- Carries out all the procedures and activities related to the down payments, returns, refunds, issuance of coupons, giveaways and credit notes to customers, following the Company and the Store Manager guidelines
- Is responsible for the proper management of the purchase facilitation policies verifying and respecting the Company guidelines by consulting the Company IT systems
- Manages all the correspondence payments done by credit card or bank transfer, always liaising with the Administration for the necessary verification
- Provides all the necessary deposit slips
- Enriches and updates the client database
- Carries out all the necessary secretary activities in order to support the store and face all the ad hoc requests from the Store Manager
- Previous work experience as a Cashier in a luxury boutique
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Detail-oriented, precise, reliable and able to manage stress
- Strong computer skills and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office and Outlook; SAP Retail experience preferred
- Fluent English & Arabic, both spoken and written; other languages are a plus
- To maintain standards of hospitality that exceed expectations for every guest that enters our restaurants
- To welcome customers in a professional manner and as per our standard.
- To walk the guests to their reserved table.
- To maintain the front desk and entrance of the restaurant in a clean condition.
- To relate to each and every guest understanding that Hospitality is our business focus from servers.
- To build relationships with each of our guests to ensure they make return visits to our outlets.
- To anticipate guest needs and ensure all special requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- To effectively manage and champion guest complaints and resolve issues to the guest s satisfaction
- To communicate and inform line managers of issues, potential problems and operational shortfalls on a daily basis.
- Takes pride in self and the company image at all times realizing that the image of the company can often relate to its levels of trade.
- Completes all assigned paperwork correctly, accurately and genuinely according to legal requirements and HDC operational standards.
- Ensures all paperwork related to sales, discounts and promotions are 100% accurate and verified.
- Maintains confidentiality with company procedures and policies and does not disclose information to parties outside if HDC without line managers permission.
- Aids team members in their day to day tasks
- Follows instructions from line managers to the letter and often strives to complete a task to its maximum potential.
- Goes the extra mile and completes tasks without being asked
- Supports and develops new team members with coaching and tips on how to accomplish tasks.