General control of the shift in the warehouse and wherever cargo is located, stored, prepared or manifested. Supervise the shift to a level where all cargo will ‘fly as booked’ or is speedily ‘ready for delivery’ in order to ensure safety and security
- Maintain 100% Safety, Security and punctuality in all aspects of freight handling.
- Contribute actively to ensure On-Time Performance (OTP).
- Facilitate maximum utilization of space in ULDs and aircraft based on the booking list sent by airlines where 100% FAP must be achieved.
- Plan available manpower for the relevant shifts for warehouse/airside to optimize productivity and efficiency and further minimize the overtime.
- Brief all staff on day to day operational requirements, special handling, circular and other management information and ensure staff are 100% knowledgeable on current work instructions, rules and regulations
- Ensure all cargo/ULD build-ups are weighed and flight completed with 100% accuracy and within cut off times and UWS/FFM are sent on time.
- Monitor and measure ‘best practice’ processes against Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), reports, audits and where the immediate investigation is necessary, with recommendations for corrective action to stop incidents from occurring.
- Shift coverage is as per plan or if operational requirements are different at short notice, to make decisions to cover extra demand.
- Liaise with all airline representatives and ensure a smooth flow of operations.
- Communicate and coordinate with all departments to ensure the smooth flow of cargo transfer from the warehouse to aircraft for all flights.
- Identify special loads for all flights & plan and handle them as per the specific requirements of the airline.
- Ensure staff attend the nominated training programs and coordinate with the training department.
- Direct daily activities, coach, develop and discipline where required to ensure a high standard of service delivery by all staff.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Establish the department or team’s objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place
Qualifications and Experience:
- Essential to have a minimum of High School Qualification (e.g. O level, Year 10, min compulsory education)
- Experience of work with a minimum of 5 years of job-related experience or 4 years job-related work experience if you have Vocational/Diploma or Associate Degree
- Command of English language. Computer and systems literate with thorough knowledge of MS office applications
- Able to handle Dangerous Goods / Live Animals
- Accustomed to fundamentals of Load Control
- Ability to delegate work set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.