About the job
About The Role
Supervise and motivate the Security Team to ensure that QAS Cargo as a business is compliant with all legislative requirements governing the transportation of cargo and mail. Promotes a culture of security awareness among the QAS team to ensure that complacency is eradicated and a stance of readiness is adopted by all security staff.
- Ensure that the team consistently performs security functions including screening in a manner consistent with legislative and regulatory requirements. Must have a thorough knowledge of EU and US Cargo legislation and the ability to convey changes to any legislative requirements quickly and efficiently.
- Assist in the development and execution of best practices in the form of work instructions, work flows and audits to ensure a proficient and stable process which complies with all legislation and is ready to identify any threat posed to our business.
- Capable of investigating cases of theft, pilferage, security breaches and employee related infractions with particular attention to detailed, accurate and concise reporting.
- Communicates key KPI’s to the team and ensures that motivation drives the team to succeed in every KPI matrix. Driven by excellence and able to motivate a team to the same level of performance even during irregular operations.
- Ensures that team members receive clear and concise instructions through written and verbal communication, shares the vision and takes ownership of employee progression through effective counselling and training. Provides constructive feedback when necessary and also gives commendations when applicable.
- Able to foster productive relationships with operational staff, employees and business partners i.e. MOI and Customs. Able to influence others through sound business negotiation skills. Must have the ability to demonstrate a professional, confident approach which instils belief and trust in staff and business partners.
- Leads the team by example, including but not limited to professional appearance standards, communication and reliability. The Supervisor must be the example of excellence in everything we do.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
Additional Internal Information
- This vacancy is under the Cargo department of Qatar Aviation Services.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with minimum 4 years of similar experience in Aviation/ Cargo industry
- Good knowledge of Security Processes
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Extreme attention to detail and time management
- Ability to interface effectively and positively with all members of the organization, suppliers and customers
- Foster and promote a culture of continuous improvement with the ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills
- Excellent Communication skills. Bilingual (Arabic and English) preferred
- Ability to execute decisions into actions and push a team forward to ensure completion
- Strong Leadership and collaboration skills. Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills