About the job
Our newest opportunity is for a CAD Technician (Infrastructure and Utilities), to join our award-winning team based in Qatar. The role will be responsible in producing 3D (BIM) models of gravity and pressurised networks, dry & wet utilities, LV, Gas, Telecom networks and creating gravity and pressure profiles using Civil3D.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Performing technical drafting and modeling drawings for the Infrastructure Division.
- Collaborating and coordinating with other disciplines design-changes and model challenges.
- Liaising with Project Engineers with regards to information required, project progress and any potential delays.
- Developing workflows for various stages in design and submissions.
- Designing coordination of interference/clash detection and resolutions using Civil3D and Navisworks.
- Updating gravity and pressure network catalogues and producing clash detection reports.
- Drafting of Interchanges, Intersections and Roundabouts covering both major and minor roads in both remote and built up areas.
- Converting concepts and sketches into engineering drawings based on project requirements.
- Preparation of swept path analysis for roads, buildings & parking areas.
- Leveraging BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate design documentation.
- Contributing to the effective functioning of the team by identifying with and participating in the attainment of team objectives, communicating and sharing knowledge.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring between 2 – 10 years’ experience from a similar role working within a Construction or Engineering Consultancy environment partnered with a Diploma in Engineering or drafting.
Ideal candidates must be proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil3D with design and drafting ability for roads and civil infrastructure projects.