About the job
Qatar Distribution Company is currently recruiting for Buying Officer.
The successful applicant will be responsible to handle a portfolio of brands and vendors, which include sourcing for new suppliers and negotiating contract terms of agreement and pricing. Analyze trends and product sales to accurately evaluate the performance of each product and supplier. Closely monitor product expiry, shelf life and stock rotation taking the necessary action to manage product. Manage supplier relationships.
- Negotiate with international suppliers on the selection, price, terms, deliveries, freight insurance, quality special discounts, extended credit and general marketing support to maximize profitability of the organization.
- Ensure the correct retail pricing structure is used to secure the budgeted profit margins.
- Analyze various reports/statistics such as stock reports, mark-up analysis, sales reports, accounts statements, recommending appropriate action plans to enhance or maintain budget margins by increasing sales or reducing cost.
- Conduct periodic product review to analyze the performance of each range of merchandise, comparing the sales results to establish sales trends, sell through rates, slow moving items for de-listing, ensuring that stock levels are optimized.
- Plan logistical tasks to ensure continuous and smooth flow of stock to operations. Consider lead times from source for manufacturing, shipping and customs clearance.
- Maintain and constantly update supplier file, highlighting additions/deletions and price changes and ensure that the file is kept updated at all times.
- Depending on the logistics terms in the contract, coordinate with freight forwarders, shipping containers or communicate direct deliveries for vendors.
- Follow Qatar Airways purchasing guidelines and policies to ensure strict compliance with internal regulations.
- Monitor verified accompanying shipping documents (bills of lading, commercial invoices, packing lists, certificate of origin, Health Certificates, etc.) to ensure full compliance with relevant customs, health authorities and other external requirements.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance and consignment delivery schedules; communicate with suppliers and shipping liners to track containers in coordination with the Warehouse Logistics Coordinator.
- Liaise with suppliers on charges, claims and payments to settle all open disputes timely and efficiently. Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in buying within FMCG preferred in specialty Food.
- High degree of market awareness and detailed knowledge in speciality food.
- Proven track record to manage stock on day-to-day basis
- Direct hands-on experience with ORACLE/AX and other inventory management systems